Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A great first day!

Wow! Today could not have gone any better. What a great first day of school!

I feel like I "know" this group of students better than I have any other group at the very beginning of the year. This is partly because I have taught several of their older siblings, but also because I have watched this class grow since they were in the 4th grade.

I already know that this group is smart as a whip, and I can't wait to see what you all will accomplish!

First up is the memorization of "Attitude" by Charles Swindoll. Students received their copy today, and it should be committed to memory by Friday, August 19. Seventh grade is a challenging year for students, teachers and parents, and I firmly believe that the success we will (or will not) experience hinges on the attitude we choose to adopt.

So be prepared to write the passage from memory on the 19th for your first TEST grade!! It will count toward both Reading and Language Arts!

Thanks for a wonderful first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment